So I started my read through of the first draft of book 3 and was delighted to discover that it doesn’t actually appear to be as terrible as I had thought it would be. This is usually the case, but its always a relief to see that.
The other thing that occurred to me were some common editing a first draft dilemmas so I thought I would post them here (I tweeted them this morning). So here we go:
- no. 1 – do I fix it now or wait until I’ve read through the whole thing?
- no. 2 – this doesn’t make sense now but it might in a couple of chapters *crossesfingers*
- no. 3 – did I forget about this bit or deliberately change it later?
- no.4 – Am I missing a scene in this section?
- no.5 – I wrote this character out. Why are they here?
- no. 6 – This whole thing does not need THIS MANY CHARACTERS! (I added this one this evening)
There are many many more, no doubt. I may try to documents some more, but if you can think of any, let me know.
And yes, I am procrastinating.
Back to work.